REVISED LIST OF COUNTRIES AND TRAVEL MEASURES BASED ON COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT AS OF 10TH AUGUST 2020
North Cyprus Covid Entry Requirements
- South Korea
- New Zealand
* Those seeking to travel to the TRNC from countries listed in Category A by entering through South Cyprus, and having their PCR tests conducted within the last 72 hours (confirmed negative), can enter the TRNC from all land border gates without being subjected to any other tests or quarantine. Those not having their PCR tests will only be able to enter the country either from the Metehan Gate or the Beyarmudu Gate as these are the only two border crossing points where PCR tests are being conducted. They will be in quarantine until test results are revealed. Travellers will have to pay the costs of the test and quarantine.
* Category B rules shall apply for travellers arriving to North Cyprus from a country listed in Category A, through Turkey.
* People working in South Cyprus or benefitting from educational and health services in the South, as well as those crossing the South for other reasons, will be able to maintain their crossings by having their PCR tests conducted only once.
* All citizens residing in Pile will be allowed for constant crossings to and from Pile if they provide a negative PCR test result for once, upon their first crossings.
* Personnel working at diplomatic mission, the British Bases Area or any other international organizations, as well as the UN and the EU staff, will be asked to provide a negative PCR test result for once, upon their first crossings.
- The Netherlands
- The Czech Republic
- San Marino
- United Arab Emirates
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- United Kingdom
* People travelling to the TRNC from a country in Category B will be allowed to enter the country by presenting a negative PCR test result. However, the PCR test must be conducted within a period of 3 to 5 days prior to the start date of travel. A second PCR test will be conducted at the entrance to the TRNC. Those who have hotel bookings will have to self-isolate at the hotel room, others will self-isolate at home until test results are revealed. Self-isolation will take place as pledged by travellers. Those who fail to present a negative PCR test result, in line with the decision on having the test conducted within a period of 3 to 5 days prior to the start date of travel, will not be allowed to enter the country.
* People travelling to Turkey from the TRNC for a 5-day period or less, including the fifth day, must have their PCR tests conducted 3 days before their departure from the TRNC. If they are able to prove a negative test result upon their return to the TRNC, they will not have to conduct a second test while in Turkey. However, they will have to visit either the Dr. Burhan Nalbantoğlu State Hospital in the capital or the Famagusta State Hospital for a second PCR test within a period between the fifth and seventh day following their arrival back in the TRNC.
* Those who will travel to Turkey and return to the TRNC within a period of less than 5 days, but fail to conduct a PCR test before departure from the TRNC, will be allowed to re-enter the TRNC. However they will be in quarantine for 3 days at centers determined by the Ministry of Health. Their PCR tests will be conducted on the final day of quarantine. Test and quarantine fees will be paid by the passenger.
- United States of America
- and other countries.
* Travellers arriving from a country listed in Category C must provide a negative PCR test result upon entrance. The PCR test must be conducted three to five days before the date of boarding. They will have to perform a second PCR test upon their entrance to the country. They will be in quarantine for 14 days at centers determined by the Ministry of Health. They will exit from their quarantine once a third PCR test is conducted on the final day of quarantine.
TRNC citizens permanently residing in the country and students with the TRNC citizenship will be exempted from quarantine fees. Others will have to pay for PCR tests and quarantine.
- 1- The quarantine fee is 265 TL per person per day (food included), and the test fee is 200 TL. Quarantine and test fees will be paid at the hotel. Children aged between 0-6 (including 6 years old) will be exempted from quarantine fees.
- PCR test results will not be asked for children in the 0-2 age group upon entrance.
- The three to five days period prior to the boarding date as specified above, will be evaluated based on the date of delivery of the PCR samples.
- PCR test results obtained in countries under Category B and Category C, 6 days before the boarding date or earlier, are not valid at the entrance to the country. Those providing old-dated test results will not be allowed to enter the country.
- In accordance with the decision taken following the meeting between the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Interior, people arriving from countries in Category B who will be working at night clubs will be in quarantine for 7 days upon their arrival, even if they stayed in Turkey for a period of two weeks prior to their arrival to the TRNC. Those travelling from a country in Category C will be in quarantine for 14 days. All must provide a negative PCR test result upon entrance (travellers from Category B and Category C), bearing in mind that the tests should be conducted within a period of 3 to 5 days prior to the boarding date.